Bonus #3 - Palloff Series
There is always hoopla about core training to improve movement, yet you see coaches with players on their backs doing endless reps of crunches, leg raises, and sit-ups! If you want to improve movement on the court, build a fortress around the spine and use the body as it's designed, the Palloff Series is what you need.
The biggest disruptions of players' quick change of direction and explosive quickness are the inability to transfer energy from the ground up through the body instantly. Players plant their foot quickly, yet the rest of the body keeps moving, causing a delay in their change of direction or cut.
The Pallof series teaches players how to control rotation and side bending once the foot strikes the ground.
- Players on offense will leave defenders behind with lightning-fast cuts.
- Players will integrate the core to the rest of the body reactively- this is the critical concept often missed.
- Players will be able to fake one way and quickly go another due to immediate stiffness of the joints from head to toe.
- The ability to control mass and momentum when moving quickly one way and then needing to change directions.
- One of the best ways to develop a functionally sound and safe spine is because the core and hips will be more integrated.